The Importance of following a MEAL plan- (Let's make this simple)
The Importance of following a plan- (Let's make this simple)
While muscle strengthening exercises are crucial for overall health, they really are only responsible for about 30 percent of the lean body benefits. Seventy percent is related to the foods you eat. Diet and exercise do go hand in hand; you need both to optimize results. But if you're going to put your focus on one or the other, then diet is actually the most important. The underlying muscle that you train will be more prominent, and hard (if it giggles its fat) when you choose to follow a plan.
Three Protein meals (see choices below) averaging 25-30 grams, (starting with breakfast) along with a low-carbohydrate choice (see choices below) accompanying those meals have been repeatedly shown to be the most effective both for muscle building and fat loss. The other two fill in meals, or snacks are less than 150 calories. This is only related to regulating blood sugar levels; do not think it increases metabolic rates. The muscle does that! (That's why we workout)
Amino acids (found in complete proteins) are the building blocks of your muscles, but certain amino acids, such as leucine, can also signal genes in your muscle to grow and build protein, and they do that even during times of food deprivation as long as these amino acids are circulating through your blood stream.
Hence, there are two primary factors involved in effective fitness nutrition (regardless of your age):
Whey protein is an ideal "fitness food" especially a grass fed, or natural brand. As whey contains not only high quality protein, but also extremely high amounts of leucine. We need to use food to build muscle and improve our overall health, and for muscle building in particular. Why muscle? We want as much active muscle as possible (muscles are fat burning engines- it's actually where the fat is burned... inside the muscle.
Ideally, you'll want to pay careful attention to the proper combinations of both, as timing of exercise and meals, and the types of exercises and foods you chose can have a profound impact on the health benefits you receive. If you are not finding a satisfaction in your present overall health or cosmetic "look" than you are not following a plan (sorry) truth hurts. If you leave the house (Monday-Friday) empty handed you will be just as frustrated prior to reading this. J
I want you to take your current scale weight, and multiply it by .65. The sum of that equation is the amount of water- plain water- you need to drink daily. This is by far the most important on this program.
NOW let's talk food choices:
My carb list: If it's not on the list, we don't eat it...
- Yams, baked, micro waved (choice)
- Sweet Potato, baked, micro waved (choice)
- Brown rice- boiled, or instant (choice)
- Cream of rice- boiled, this cooks quick (Nabisco)
- #1 choice- Quinoa- (keem-wa) Cook like brown rice
- Gluten free rolled oats (red mill) do not cook
All items above are pre-cooked to assure the meals are available during office hours, or travel.
(Please see the spice recommendations to add to these foods)
My Highly Recommended Vegetables
- Asparagus Escarole
- Avocado (actually a fruit)
- Beet greens Green and red cabbage
- Bok Choy Kale
- Broccoli Brussels sprouts Lettuce: romaine, red leaf, green leaf
- Cauliflower Mustard greens
- Celery Onions
- Chicory Parsley Peppers: red, green, yellow and hot
- Chives Tomatoes
- Collard greens Turnips
- Cucumbers Spinach
- Dandelion greens Zucchini
My protein list
- Wild Alaskan salmon
- Wild caught any white fish
- Scallops, Shrimp
- Turkey breast (not deli) - broiled grilled, baked, (boiled if you want to get serious)
- Chicken breasts- (not deli) - broiled grilled, baked, (boiled if you want to get serious)
- 93% lean ground turkey
- 85% lean ground turkey
- Lean ground beef-
- Flank steak
- Tuna packed in water
- Sardines packed in water
- Free range eggs / whites
- Whey protein
- Pea protein
- Egg protein
- Coconut oil (we add this to foods)
- 4 table spoons of oatmeal, teaspoon of coconut oil, scoop of Whey protein, and splash of water... mix
- Cream of rice (same as above recipe)
- Cashews, almonds
- Cucumbers, baby carrots
- 4- Squares of 85% dark chocolate
- Protein drink
- Coconut water
- Peppers any color dipped in fat free hummus
This list is designed for the first 10 lbs, or to decrease inflammation, bloat, distention, and toxins. The presence of toxins, or inflammation will inhibit your ability to utilize 'FAT' as a fuel to be burned.
Now we need to sit down and talk about how to put this all together... I can also design a complete at home or gym based workout for you... uploaded to a private link for your viewing. 203-675-5575 text me anytime!